Here are the ingredients & supplies you will need:
- 3 Tbsp yeast
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt
- 6 Cups of warm water
- 13 Cups unbleached all purpose flour
- A Handful of cormeal
- large container with lid (for storing dough in fridge)
1. Combine the salt, yeast, and water.
2. Add flour and mix until there are no dry spots.
3. Cover with a loose lid and leave at room temperature for 2 hours. It will start to rise quite a bit!
4.. Dust the top of the dough with flour and cut off a hunk or two about the size of a grapefruit. Let that rise for 40 minutes on a corn meal dusted surface or right in the loaf pan which is what i do.
5. After the bread has been rising 20 minutes, Preheat the oven to 450 or if your oven is really temperamental like mine-425.
6. At the end of the 40 minute rise, put into the oven and bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes.
7. Allow the loaves to cool on a wire rack.
*Put the rest of the dough loosely covered in the fridge and take out a hunk a day for fresh daily baked bread and repeat the process!
*Get creative with them! I have added honey into one loaf, rosemary and garlic into another...the possibilities are endless!