Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

These past few weeks have been like a giant blur around here. There has been so much going on from sickness, to health scares, to death in the family, to lots of visiting family and then of course Easter.
So after this major whirlwind of events that have left me physically (since the health scares were mine), mentally and emotionally drained, I have decided that for the next few days I will be "getting back into the swing of things".

Sooo how does one do that when all one wants to do is vegetate??? LOL
I do my favorite thing to do....I make a List!!


Its the best way (in my opinion) to collect everything that goes on in your mind that you need to get done all in one place.
There are several advantages to being a list maker such as myself:
  1. You can prioritize what is the most important thing(s) you must do that day.
  2. You don't waste as much time throughout the day.
  3. You stay motivated!
  4. You get to cross stuff off the list as you complete, this one is my favorite because it gives me such a sense of accomplishment!
Whatever you don't get to that day that wasn't on your most important things to do just gets put to the top of the the next days list. There are a few things however that you need to keep in mind if you are an overachiever/perfectionist.....Its supposed to help not add more stress...:)

Being flexible with it gives you the ability to be productive while at the same time stopping throughout the day to enjoy the moments that God has placed before you that day.
So let us always remember as we go through our busy days, lazy days, crazy days or "getting back into the swing of things days".....
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 

So are you a list maker? Do you find them helpful?


Looking for some extra encouragement today? Im linked up with these wonderful blogs!
Time-Warp Wife   Growing Home

No comments:

Post a Comment