Friday, January 18, 2013

The beginning was just that, the beginning

I Love the quotes you see on all the picture frames and plaques...."It all began when 2 people fell in love", "Our family grows better with Love" etc. I am a sap for the romantic. There is romance in every love story between a husband and a wife and each one is unique & special.

My husband and best friend Michael is the Funnyfarm Papa around here. He is the solid force that leads this family with love, grace and strength. His is a wonderful husband, father, provider, and shepherd of our children's hearts. He is a man who strives to please the Lord in everything he does, admits when he is wrong and asks forgiveness, and is my hero. God has used him mightily in my life and I would not be who I am today without him.

 Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Genesis 2:23

This quote is especially special to me because Michael has always called me "My Rib". It is so wonderful to see in the Bible the very beginning of marriage, as well as the vast amount of scripture in the entire Bible pertaining to marriage.

Our story may not have been what one would call traditional but it was perfect for us and most importantly ordained by God. Although life has thrown twists and turns at us in every direction, we are in this together. It is the BEST feeling to know your best friend is always beside you ready to face what comes. Who knew when we met it would be the beginning....the beginning of something truly wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment