Monday, February 25, 2013

Strawberries Anyone?

This is probably one of my favorite times of the year....its strawberry season :) We have a wonderful local farm that we go to and the kids can pick their own strawberries. This past trip we ended up with quite a few! Everyone in our house loves them and while I had every intention of making some jam with them, the never ending train of hands in the fridge to get "just one" didn't leave many for jam! I did however get to freeze a bunch of them for smoothies and we did have fresh waffles topped with strawberries, strawberries for breakfast, dessert, etc.....

Here is one of my favorite smoothie recipes! I find it a GREAT way to sneak in some greens and not taste them!

-3 cups Almond Milk (or any other milk if you choose)
-2 cups Strawberries
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-1 small orange, peeled
-1 banana
-1 cup of frozen or fresh chopped spinach (I have also used some wheatgrass powder for the greens)
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)

Blend well and enjoy!! Makes about 3-4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. I tried a smoothie with spinach for the first time recently. Aside from an odd color, I couldn't taste it at all, and loved the thought of all those extra vitamins! Thanks for the recipe. You must be in Florida. We're in SC, and we're already getting Florida berries. It will be another six weeks before our local ones are ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      Thanks for stopping by! Yes we are in FL :) I agree, adding spinach is a great way to up the vitamins without flinching at the taste!

      Delete